Tuesday, September 13, 2011

How do I change the screen size on a Nancy Drew game that keeps coming up abnormally small?

I just installed the Nancy Drew game Last Train to Blue Moon Canyon and it is repeatedly coming up with a tiny game screen while the rest of the computer screen is blank. I have a normal PC with Windows XP installed, and this is not a normal problem I have encountered. Is there a setting I need to alter on my computer properties, and how may I do this?How do I change the screen size on a Nancy Drew game that keeps coming up abnormally small?
For a very old game (which means 5 years) you may have to change the screen resolution.



Right Click on desktop, select properties, settings tab.



Write down the screen resolution to change it back after gaming. Now try a resolution of 800 x 600. You also may have to try 16 bit color if the game still doesn't look right.



Then start the game. The desktop will look funny but you will change it back after gaming......How do I change the screen size on a Nancy Drew game that keeps coming up abnormally small?
Can your graphics card, RAM, and processor handle the game? Check your computer specifications by going to start, then right clicking my computer then properties and compare the stats to the specifications on the game box. If it atleast checks out then you may have to go to the file directory (where you installed the game) and find a notepad file called user.ini and open it then find resolution and change it to 1024x728 should fix the problem or possibly 800x600.

No comments:

Post a Comment