Tuesday, September 13, 2011

How do I change my Yahoo Messenger screen name on the other persons screen?

Ive been trying to find ways to change my screen name on Yahoo Messenger and I keep askin m friends wat it says on thier screen and they keep comeing back with the same thing thy say my name and I want to know how to change it on there screenHow do I change my Yahoo Messenger screen name on the other persons screen?
If you want to stop your real name from showing then read below. Keep in mind that the people who have already added you will still see whatever they added you as, these changes only affect the new people who add you. But you can send the contacts who have already added you your new contact details or just ask them to delete you and add you again.

---------------------------------

REAL NAME SHOWING ISSUE

The link below will take you to a site that explains in detail how to prevent your real name from showing across all yahoo services, it is the best explanation I have found anywhere. Your real name can show in different areas like when someone adds you to their contact list and even in Yahoo mail so please read this article.

REAL NAME SHOWING: If you are concerned about this read this article %26gt;%26gt; http://www.wackyb.co.nz/Yahoo!_First_and . It will explain how to prevent/change this across all Yahoo services.

------------------------------------

Yahoo also has help pages about this here:

This is the latest one: http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/messeng

An older one that still seems relevant:

http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/messengHow do I change my Yahoo Messenger screen name on the other persons screen?
you cant change it its either your username on yahoo or whatever the person gives you as your nickname

No comments:

Post a Comment