Tuesday, September 13, 2011

How do I change the screen resolution on my computer?

When I go to change it there is a really low resolution and I can't move the slider to a higher one... Do I have to download drivers or something? How would I do that and where?How do I change the screen resolution on my computer?
If it's just giving you the lowest res and won't let you change, then it sounds like you do not have your video drivers installed.



You need to know what kind of card you have. ATi or Nvidia. If you know that, then browse to the corresponding company's website, download the drivers and install.



If you are using graphics that are builtin to the motherboard then check the support site for your Mobo manufacturer and find the drivers your board needs.How do I change the screen resolution on my computer?
:X your video card is probably built in [a integrated video controller] and is so old it doesn't support higher resolutions. I assume its at 800 x 600?



You'll need to first confirm you have a PCI slot inside your computer. [google to see what one looks like]

Then go to the store and buy a nvidia or ATi video card.

No comments:

Post a Comment