Wednesday, September 21, 2011

How do I change a screen in one of my windows?

Someone tried to break in my house and took one screen out of the window and ripped it, I'm trying to replace the screen, I bought the material, but I'm not sure how to do it? I'm sick of getting robbed...How do I change a screen in one of my windows?
you need to have a roller from home depot, there is a rubber that goes alway around the outside of the screen; you pull it out, trying at the sametime to keep it intact. stretch your screen out over it, use the roller to push the rubber band back in, all the way around the window once you have it back in place. once this is done, take a box cutter and trim off the excess screen on the outside. good luck.How do I change a screen in one of my windows?
I don’t feel that repairing a screen falls under the “DIY” moniker; I’d suggest that you take it to a window %26amp; glass shop and have the re-screening / repair done there.




mkg has the right answer
just slide it in its really easy

No comments:

Post a Comment